This policy sets out how More Than Accounting Limited (MTA, we, us) will collect your personal information, what information will be collected, when it may be used, how it will be protected and when MTA is permitted to disclose it.
How information is collected
In order to do provide you with the services you have requested, we are required to request information from you.
We collect personal information about you, from you, when you provide personal information to us via electronic forms through our website or through your contact with us (telephone call, mail or email), or from an authorised representative.
What information is collected
We require the following information:
- Contact details including your full name, job title, email address, employer’s name and telephone number;
- Identification information including a copy of your current identification and proof of address; and
- Information required to provide our services including but not limited to your IRD number and financial information.
How information may be used
We may use your information for the following purposes:
- To verify your identity and to communicate with you;
- To undertake work that we have been engaged to perform;
- To provide you with information relating to our services;
- To identify and prevent harm to us or others; and
- For sharing with third party contractors
Protecting your personal information
Our website is hosted on an external server. Information is stored either in paper files or electronically on a smart-phone, backed up onto an electronic device or via cloud-based storage. We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction.
MTA requires all employees and contractors to keep personal information confidential and only authorised personnel have access to this information.
Disclosing your personal information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (e.g. regulatory authority including Chartered Accountants Australia New Zealand);
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (e.g. a law enforcement agency);
- Any other person authorised by you; or
- Any third party contractor for the purpose of providing our services or products to you.
Accessing and collecting your personal information
You may contact us to access your personal information or request a correction to your personal information. Before you exercise this right, we will need evidence to confirm that you are the individual to whom the personal information relates.
To submit a request for information or a request to correct information please send your request to email@example.com.
If information is not provided
You can choose not to provide us with the requested information but if the requested information is not provided by you, MTA may not be able to complete the services you have requested.
Changes to this policy
MTA may change this policy by uploading a revised policy onto its website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised policy.
MTA complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993 (Act) when dealing with personal information, which is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person). This policy does not limit or exclude any of your rights under the Act. If you wish to seek further information on the Act see www.privacy.org.nz.
By submitting information to MTA, you consent to MTA collecting, maintaining, using and disclosing personal information about you and provided by you or by another person as described above.